Betta Sorority Tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyWater2525

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi!

So, I've decided to move my White Clouds to my 20 gallon when they get bigger, and I'll have an open 10 gallon!!!:D I am really wanting to do a sorority, but I want a few tips to make sure I do it right:angel:

1. How many bettas should I put in there?
2. How would I go about breaking up a fight?
3. How and when should I introduce the girls
4. Are there any snail or shrimp recommendations?

All tips and advice are welcome!!! Thank You!!!

I say 5 is the minimum. Some say you can't pull it off in a 10g but I think you can if you add lots of plants and hiding places, and I mean a lot.

A sorority in a 10 gallon is almost impossible. I don't care how many plants or whatever there are in there, 10 gallons doesn't have enough territory for 5 bettas to not rip each other to shreds. Some people even say that sororities almost never work, no matter what the tank size.

The problem I think is that people are buying random female Bettas and throwing them together. A Betta breeder said a true Sorority was usually females that grew up together. She used to sell groups that were already living together.

Yes, it works for a few people. It can also end in a bunch of dead fish if done wrong.

See if there is a breeder or club near you.

Back
Top Bottom