Betta tank upgrade.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update time.
My beautiful boy died a couple of weeks ago. :( the tank suffered a columnaris outbreak and I lost 6 harlequin rasboras and my Betta. Very sad day!

Anywho. The tank is columnaris free and is now home to 4 harlequins and my yellow Betta who I moved in yesterday. Everyone is doing great! :)

Mumma.of.two said:
Update time.
My beautiful boy died a couple of weeks ago. :( the tank suffered a columnaris outbreak and I lost 6 harlequin rasboras and my Betta. Very sad day!

Anywho. The tank is columnaris free and is now home to 4 harlequins and my yellow Betta who I moved in yesterday. Everyone is doing great! :)

Aw howd that happen?? Howd it get in?

Oh I am so sorry for your loss! Sad. And yes I want to see pics of the yellow one! I saw a picture the other day of one and hopped online to see if I could find one, no luck yet!

Idk what's wrong with the app/my phone but it keeps crashing when I try upload pics. I'll whip the old laptop out and see if I can get some photos on photobucket.

I thought they where really common! Lol.

img_1706266_0_1a7a9f221091f60a882ca07bd161fd6e.jpg

img_1706266_1_7f1aa5da2c31aee5951ce90dbbacf909.jpg

img_1706266_2_7b9b36569a3074eb86b8619a94e87f75.jpg

Here he is! I don't know what happened to him but when I got him he had splits and bits missing from his fins like he'd been in a fight. He's on the mend now though. :)

skiweeangel said:
Beautiful! I had never seen a yellow betta before.

Thank you.

VioletEmber said:
You have probably already mentioned it, but what substrate is that in the last pic? It's pretty!

It's black quartz sand. Cost me a bit. $30 for 10kg (22pounds?) but I think it was worth it! :)

absolutangel04 said:
I am in awe! He is GORGEOUS! Did you find him at a local place or did you order him?

Thanks! I found him and my orange Betta at my local chain store. Just walked in and there they were. :D

Wow, I have never seen a yellow or an orange betta in real life before, and certainly not at a chain store. He is lovely. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Wow, I have never seen a yellow or an orange betta in real life before, and certainly not at a chain store. He is lovely. :)

Thank you :)

Update:
Everything's going well. :) plants are growing, fish are thriving and Sonny (the Betta) is looking great as all his fins grow back.

That tank looks great! Did you buy the driftwood or find it? I may have asked you that, but I can't remember at the moment. Lol. I like it though. WHat kind of plants do you have in there?

Hholly said:
Looks great! Very pretty!

Thank you! :)
absolutangel04 said:
That tank looks great! Did you buy the driftwood or find it? I may have asked you that, but I can't remember at the moment. Lol. I like it though. WHat kind of plants do you have in there?

Thanks! I bought it. I usually go looking but it was pretty. :) it's mopani. At the moment a small sword, heaps of java fern, an anubia of some sort and some moss has popped up.

Back
Top Bottom