betta tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steviebetta

Aquarium Advice Regular
Looking for interesting things to put in my betta tank. I have a 10g tank with 1 male betta, 1 live plant (forget the name but has broad leaves for resting) and a cave ornament. I like the look of java fern and moss balls. Would these be ok? Open to other suggestions :)

I have a light that came with the tank. The tank is an aqua one. I've been told its not a great light.

Alrighty, You still have quite a few options, you'll just need to look for Lowlight plants. Some more examples that you have not listed are: Hornwart, Moneywart, Dwarfhair grass(Wont spread much but should still do fine) some bamboo, duckweed...Those are just a few but will work fine. :)

Oh excellent. I like the sound of the bamboo. I will google those plants and see what ones I like. I just like hearing from people in the know instead of going to google and getting 100 opinions. Thanks for tje advice :)

Hornwart, Moneywart, Dwarfhair grass(Wont spread much but should still do fine) some bamboo, duckweed... From this group only hornwort floating and bamboo which can only have it's lower third part in the water is suitable. Duckweed is messy so steer clear.

You have very low light and the most tolerant of low light plants are Crypts which are planted in the substrate, then Anubia, Java Ferns, and Bolbitus which are attached to rocks or driftwood. If you use any Crypts which would look very nice if you used Crypt Wendtii Red or Bronze will need to have root tabs inserted under them as they are heavy root feeders. If you would use hornwort to float be aware they can be messy plants and shed those fine leaves all over your tank. That is a plant I avoid using even in my ponds and never in my tanks.

Hornwart can be planted or weighed down...I find its not bad unless you leave it floating and it keeps on getting stirred around by a filter. As far as duckweed it depends on the person its 50/50 love hate. I love it because it does a wonder for keeping your water clean and fish will snack on it. However it sucks when you do wc because it is pretty messy

Back
Top Bottom