Betta temp confused

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkmuller55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a good heater and thermometer. I had it set at 80 degrees and would fluctuate between 79 and 81.5. I thought that if it did a little higher it wouldn't be good for her. So at a water change it was set to 78 degrees. It now goes between 77.4 to 78.5. I hope I didn't do anything to harm her. I keep looking this on line and opinions are not the same. My heater is a cobalt and paid 65 for it. Please help here I love her and want her healthy. I turn her light off at night it is 77.4 when light on it is 78.6.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bettas like up to about 82 degrees. How big is the tank and what is the ambient temp? I'd set it back to 80 and be done with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They are fine with a bit of fluctuation. I am sure that some changes in temperature are mostly unavoidable. you just want to avoid giant, fast swings. I agree that just setting it at 80 and leaving it is fine. Also, a lot of the time, thermometers can be a bit off. But, a degree of change taking place over slowly overnight isn't a big deal in my opinion.

Update: water change completed and temp changed on thermometer reset to 80. And it gradually does it. When I do water changes I am good at putting it back in to current temp so no extra shock. Her once a week treat after she is done is frozen blood worms thawed and she gets three. Then tomorrow is her clean out day. Thanks for the advise. I feel better now and can relax.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom