Betta with black on tail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A while ago my Betta developed a hole on his tail. I assumed it was burned by the heater but over time it has gotten darker and darker. Looks like he may have some fin damage and/or white stuff on his tail. Not sure where to start with heavy Meds it gently. Any suggestions?

Looked it up. Looks like fin rot since it is progressing I am doing a water change and treating with kanamycin any advice welcome.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image-2040862176.jpg
    image-2040862176.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 63
  • image-3924862349.jpg
    image-3924862349.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 59
  • image-4155068999.jpg
    image-4155068999.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 59
That looks like fin rot to me. Start out with clean water. Big water changes daily. Make sure you condition the water before you add it in. This is what helped my betta that came with fin rot. Watch him closely to see if this helps. If it doesn't, I'll see what more can be done.

Fin rot can be caused by anything. As long as you pay attention and try to improve as much as you can, it won't cause a major problem. He'll be fine as long as you watch his condition. :)

It is still there. I have been doing water changes and initially treated with kanamycin. He seems to be a little better but now has 2 small holes in his tail fin. They weren't there before. Debating treating with Maracyn I and II combo to try to nix anything else and upping salt (I read 2-3 tsp of salt)

:/

Back
Top Bottom