Betta with fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Humanis1993

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I have a veil tail betta and he does have fin rot. I have identified the fin rot as a bacterial rot because of the way his fins are coming off. What medication can I use to help him get better? Or should I keep him in a very super clean tank and hope for the best? I just bought primafix and melafix should I try using them? Idk how well they'd work bc his fin rot is bacterial. What should I do to help him?

Humanis1993 said:
Ok so I have a veil tail betta and he does have fin rot. I have identified the fin rot as a bacterial rot because of the way his fins are coming off. What medication can I use to help him get better? Or should I keep him in a very super clean tank and hope for the best? I just bought primafix and melafix should I try using them? Idk how well they'd work bc his fin rot is bacterial. What should I do to help him?

I don't have problems with fin rot but use sulpha tmp if it starts to show. And lots of water changes will help.

Back
Top Bottom