Betta with whitish scaly growth & red sores... Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShadyBrig

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I have a female betta that seems ill. I have quarantined her & given her some Mela fix medication but she seems to be getting worse.
Her right side is ok but her left side is in rough shape! Her left eye seems to have a film over it causing it to look blurry & sunken in. She has red sores on her face and a white scalyish type of growth on her throat. I tried taking pics but they didn't turn out the best. Anyone have an idea of what is going on?

View attachment 206345

View attachment 206342

View attachment 206343

View attachment 206344

The pictures don't show up but your describing a bacterial infection so I would begin treating as soon as possible. I would recommend either Paraguard or Neoplex by Seachem or see what's available at your local store. The issue with some medications they are designed to either treat gram negative or positive infections where as some are designed to eliminate both, so read the labels.

Seachem. ParaGuard

Last edited:
The pictures don't show up but your describing a bacterial infection so I would begin treating as soon as possible. I would recommend either Paraguard or Neoplex by Seachem or see what's available at your local store. The issue with some medications they are designed to either treat gram negative or positive infections where as some are designed to eliminate both, so read the labels.

Seachem. ParaGuard

I wasn't able to delete this post but I put another one with the pictures. Thanks for the advice though. I will see if I can find it.

Back
Top Bottom