Betta won't eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How does that work - would you have any links? I swear this will be my last post on garlic but do you have any links of papers? Interested. Below from second link.

------
Terrestrial plant lipids are well known to cause heart and liver lesions in marine fish. The problem with feeding terrestrial plant oils (not just garlic but any terrestrial plant oil) to reef fish is problematic due the nature of the lipids the fish do not possess the enzymes to digest them correctly and this leads to fatty deposits and serious pathological changes in the heart and liver of fish that are fed these lipids. Although these are not instantly fatal they cause chronic change to these organs and long term deterioration in the health of the fish. Granted much of this his work is done on farmed fish, but it is a well known phenomena and here are some of the research papers that detail this problem.

Feeding terrestrial plant oils to people is usually bad too.

Feeding a whole plant or plant part is different from feeding concentrated oils.

Even in people, having a tiny bit of whole garlic on food is waaaaaaaay different from having garlic oil.

Research on "supplements" is always contradictory and always has a large enough amount of "no difference" or "made it worse" for skeptics to say there's no evidence or all the evidence is bad. This is not surprising given the lack of standardization, and how widely natural things can vary. Unless the research is on the exact same product or delivery method it's not reliable.

I didn't mean to imply garlic is well researched in fish. I don't know that. And to research in a way that's relevant to hobbyists it'd need to be research specifically on NLS Thera-A, for instance, with some explanation of what part of the garlic plant is in the food and how standard the active components are from bottle to bottle.

Also single ingredient research is rarely revelatory with natural medicines; modality research is more appropriate.

As with supplements for humans going with what's proven in the way a drug is proven limits the scope of to just a few brands.

And even with drugs and the traditional research, it's not uncommon to find out after something is used on a wide scale that it's not helpful or is harmful.

Research is not equal to proof.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom