betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cappa565

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey guys and gals,
just bought myself a female betta living in a 20litre tank! any tips on what to do to keep her nice and healthy? and what is the best way to feed her? she is a baby and still very small should i feed twice a day or 3 times?
thanks

hey guys and gals,
just bought myself a female betta living in a 20litre tank! any tips on what to do to keep her nice and healthy? and what is the best way to feed her? she is a baby and still very small should i feed twice a day or 3 times?
thanks

Just have some filtration and a heater and she'll be happier than a lot of bettas out there! Decoration is really up to you, bettas arent picky, but ive found them to be fond of various caves and wood formations. Just my experiences.
As for food, Omega One puts out a really good flake that i used for my betta for about two or three years and never had any issues with it.
As for feeding schedule 2-3 times a day is way too much lol. Once a day at max but once every other day (or even more) is probably going to be you're best bet, especially if its not only a female but a baby.

Heated tank is important, maybe 76-81 ish, I'd do 78 or 79 for a male.
Filtration is important but you also want very calm water for a happier betta. Don't know what kind of filter you have but sponge filters are usually best.

You can feed 2 times a day when it's an adult if you want, just a very small amount. I'd suggest twice a day, 1 pellet, or equivalent, but it will depend. A female might require less, especially a baby, but don't feed every single day maybe skip a day, every few days or something.

Bettas are also not a fan of very bright light.

Decorations are good, they like to explore and in my experience are not as happy in wide open tanks. Also check out the zoo med floating betta log and sinking log...my bettas have always LOVED the floating logs, given you can keep it stationary. Like mentioned bettas love hardscape and fake/real plants.
Maybe get a cool snail if you want, I assume a female may also be entertained by a snail. My males were always very curious watching and following the snails. A nerite snail would be good. Good luck![emoji106]

hey guys thanks for the reply!! im looking into a snail! was just about to buy a nerite snail today!! i might go in and get one then! thanks for letting me know about the feeding! much appreciated guys

Back
Top Bottom