BGK jumped!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jnthn932

Aquarium Advice Freak
Think my 5 inch BGK jumped last night! I can't find him anywhere in the tank. Are they known to burrow or anything like that?

How are your readings? Sometimes, if the conditions are poor enough, fish will jump out of the tank in an effort to escape those conditions.

What size tank and what else is in it?

Is he new? They do tend to hide for the first few weeks.

He is new and my water parameters are perfect. It's a 125 housing two angels, two bala sharks, 20 black skirt tetra's, two clown loaches and two GBR's.

It's just hiding, they're very good about doing that, I had one before that used to hide in my Rena heater all the time, there's a tube that goes through it so if you like you can hook it up to the canister filter intake, great hiding spot, but it only takes a short while for the BGK gets over the tank shyness.

I have a BGK in my 125, he hasn't jumped and I haven't seen him anywhere near the top, he just hides all day when the lights are on. I don't have a top on my tank either.

Have you checked everywhere? They are good hiders, mine seems to just shoot backward when he is scared but not with any actual speed.

Did you find him on the floor? If you didn't find him on the floor, I would guess he is hiding. I have heard of them burrowing sometimes. They are definitley good hiders.

I hope y'all are right! I literally put him in the tank yesterday! I don't really have many places he can hide without me being able to see him. That's why I think he may have jumped.....

Did you find him on the floor? If you didn't find him on the floor, I would guess he is hiding. I have heard of them burrowing sometimes. They are definitley good hiders.

That's what I'm hoping for. He's no where to be found on the floor so if he did jump and made it to the floor, my dogs ate him!

I did! Apparently my driftwood is alot more hollow than I thought. He managed to hide inside it. He comes out at night but is extremely shy. If anyone comes near the tank he goes right back into the driftwood.

Bump it up by 4 degrees they'll all come out. Even my peacock eel is out all the time and not hiding. The only one that hides is my royal pleco until the lights go off of course.

Back
Top Bottom