Big Tank or Small Tank(s)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Tank, Small tanks, both, or all you can get?

• Total voters

mfdrookie516

Aquarium Free - 2+ Years
Thought id throw this one out here. What do you prefer, a big tank (55g +), several smaller tanks, a big tank with some smaller tanks, or do you have MTS and just get any tank you can?

I want a huge reef and some smaller ones maybe fowlr and a fw or 2 hehe

There was no option for multiple large display tanks :)

I used to have several smaller tanks, now I like to focus my energy into a fewer larger tanks.

There was no option for multiple large display tanks

Yeah! This would be my vote. 2 large 55 gallon display tanks. One that is a rocky African cichlid tank and one that is a planted SA cichlid/community tank. 2 very different looks, but both display tanks.
th_38326493.gif

Right now I have one big 55 and 3 smaller 30 gallon and under. I would trade the 30, 20 and 10 to get one 55 gallon for my planted tank in a second!!

more more more.... I have 2 (20 & 30) and more set to go, the biggest of which is a 55g.

large is subjective lol to me 55 gallons is small lol i find a 120-180 as a nice normal sized tank.... under that is small.... i guess 240+ is large...

large is subjective lol to me 55 gallons is small lol i find a 120-180 as a nice normal sized tank.... under that is small.... i guess 240+ is large...

I always did conisider 55 as large, until i got my 150. Im down to 3 tanks now, the 150, 30, and 10. I fully plan on getting another big tank like a 100+

Well now that i have a tank bigger than 55g.. i would say 1 big tank with a qt and thats it for me

:silly: MTS here too.

I picked back up on the hobby last year with a 29g my boyfriend gave me for my b-day and I just picked up tank #9, an 80g last weekend.

Guess I'm making up for those years when I didn't have tanks going.

my 29G is my large tank, out of 4. So I'm obviously one of the ones who picked the small tank answer. At some point I could see doing a larger tank (and yeah, right now, I'd call a 55 a large tank... 4 feet of glass is large enough!) It's easier for me to host more different fish species with multiple small tanks than to dump them in a big one and wait for the 'Real World' drama of some species picking on others. And if I can't move an empty tank by myself, single guy here whose friends are NOT into fish, I'm not buying it.

But it's just a personal preference. If I had something larger than a 55G, I'd probably just put WAY more small fish into it.

I want a tank in every room. :D ...so I guess I would like a couple large display tanks and then some smaller tanks 20-40g, here and there.

i Took am a Victim. I got back into the hobby with a 55.. 3 weeks later i wound up buying a 125...i have a ten gallon hosp. if that counts...lol...hahahah The larger the better..like Big Screen Tvs..The bigger the better the more detail to see

Back
Top Bottom