Biggest loach never comes out anymore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Felf

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have 3 clown loaches which i got about 1 year ago and they would always be active but about 3 months ago i rearranged the tank and the largest loach became reclusive. i havent tried looking at the tank when the lights are off to see if it comes out but whenever i do happen to see it come out it's always completely pale idk if it's sick or just gets woken up. the tank has a piece of driftwood and some plants but it's quite bare since i'm putting in new plants. the other 2 are always active and never pale. idk what i should do.

i'm having the same problem with my loaches. i had 4 in a 40g. after moving them to a 75g, the largest 2 have become shy or lazy. they come out only during feeding time. the tank has numerous hiding places, so i'm guessing that's not a problem.
i'm not sure, but i think giving it some more time might resolve issues. hang in there :).

thanks for the input. i hope when i get a bigger tank i dont have the same problem over again.

What other fish have u in the tank? And if your loaches are 4inch r bigger u need at least 55gal.

A schooling fish like tetras made mine come out.

10 loaches in mine 4 babies, 4x4in and 2x5in. The two 5's I only have 4 months and there only gettin darker now. Seems to take a long time to settle.

My 5 loaches became reclusive when I moved them to the 125, but their coloration was and is good. Now 4 of them come out regularily, I still have one that I have only seen once or twice since I moved them. I swear I keep thinking he has passed on and been eaten but then he shows his face. I think it takes time for them to adjust as they can be quite shy.

I have a single loach, and he does sleep during the day. the SECOND the lights are off, he comes out. Get a dim blue or black light and check it out. he starts scouring the area and kicking up a bit of gravel. Keeps the rocks nice and clean!

I have a single loach, and he does sleep during the day. the SECOND the lights are off, he comes out. Get a dim blue or black light and check it out. he starts scouring the area and kicking up a bit of gravel. Keeps the rocks nice and clean!

Back
Top Bottom