Bill's 12 Long - A Rimless Iwagumi Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally got around to dialing in the lily pipes after tank maintenance today. I like the surface movement much more now.

Attachments

• image-2856766436.jpg
    image-2856766436.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 89
Yay for the vortex! Haha

BTW, finally got around to the conduit light hanger project yesterday. Your Ray 2 hanging kit came in handy big time. You should start selling them! Others would surely benefit. :)

Since I'm not really a DIY type of guy, I'm surprised that it turned out okay. I think I would have been at a loss w/out those rods you bent for the Ray 2 inserts.

iyGF1LhvyImcG.jpg

Thanks... yeah we're not going to center it. The tank is pretty shallow so there would be some bending of the tubes that would make the lily pipes not look straight. And plus, my GF wants to have that little space on the left to work on the tank.

Oh man that's nice! I jinxed myself somehow because mine melted almost all the way. Now it's growing back but it's tiny :(

Can i have yours? Haha

Oh my gosh it looks awesome haha! Blyxa officially hates me, seems to warm up to you nicely, though. :lol:

Hey, when you first filled this up, how did you control the algae? My 6g is now starting the algae infestation, I need to get it controlled before it gets too bad!!

Yeah, I've heard a lot of people say it grows like a weed, but mine has been fairly slow growing... The Hydrocotyle on the other hand... Is out of control!

Thanks guys! :)

Dan, I didn't really see algae right away. The algae kicked in immediately after the tank was done cycling. I just kept it clean, got the Amano shrimp and otos, and tried to get my dosing down to get params where they needed to be. I also had to trim the HC down to almost nothing several times to get rid of dead spots and badly infested areas. I don't know if you recall, but the Amanos took care of all the algae in less then a week. I've got nitrates dead on now, and I'm trying to bring my phosphates up. I've been having some problems with GSA lately, and my phosphates bottom out by lights off. I know you're probably cranking that co2 so you have to up your dosing as well to keep from bottoming out.

Another teaser of the left side, the blyxa seems to be growing faster over there. No full tank shots until everything is grown in! ;)

Attachments

• image-4174269215.jpg
    image-4174269215.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 113
Back
Top Bottom