BioCube 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any stocking ideas for this tank? So far I've seen one fish on liveaquaria that can go in an 8 gallon and i dont even remember what that was anymore. I want some inverts, but im not sure what on that part either lol. i really want a cleaner shrimp though, and i really like the little green crabs, cant remember what those are called. are they reef safe?

Clown gobies, eviota gobies, trimma gobies, most shrimp gobies. Um a bicolor or tail spot blenny would probably be fine. For inverts the ones you listed are fine. The green is probably an emerald crab

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I really wanted a watchman goby/pistol shrimp pair until i saw that they need 30 gallons min. :(

Yeah the watchman gobies actually get pretty big. The beauty of such a small tank is you get to see the smaller gobies a lot better than in a big tank. The one bigred mentioned above is beautiful! My favorite are yahas but they're $$$

How about acans, could i keep them in my tank or do they need a bigger tank/better light? Also, i'm thinking lf ordering some salifert tests because mine dont seem very reliable, what ones should i get to start out?

Acans would do fine :). An some of my favorites! I use salifert for alk/magnesium and calcium.

I've been reading your thread and saw your acans, they are amazing and made me want a whole bunch!

I haven't found too much inaccuracies with them. I use Red Sea and I like them!

Just dod my first water test, results are:
Ph 8.0
Ammonia 8.0
Nitrite 5.0
Nitrate 20
Salinity is .025

What brand would you recommend bigred?

Also my lights came in and i love the way it looks! Can't wait for the cycle to end. What kind of light schedule does everyone use?

Back
Top Bottom