Biocube filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bcole

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just curious if anyone has a bio cube and if the stock filter system was kept or an upgrade was added

I have the stock filter, but I certainly recommend getting an upgrade. I have no idea how or what to upgrade, but I would do it. Not knocking the stock filter, but I feel like an upgrade could never hurt.

Yeah just checking around. Looking at inTank upgrades but wanted to know if there is substantial difference.

If its a reef my main sugestions would be getting a small skimmer and removing the bio balls, bioballs create high levels of nitrate and a skimmer removes tons of organic garbage

I have a protein skimmer running I also added a chemi pure bag on top of the bio balls. Looking to get the best water clarity possible.

I have a protein skimmer running I also added a chemi pure bag on top of the bio balls. Looking to get the best water clarity possible.

Well bioballs wont help with water clarity
It basically does the same thing as live rock but not as good of a job
I would put chemipure and live rock rubble in a media bag and place where the bioballs are
Other than that id say you are in good shape

Took all the bio balls out and replaced with live rock rubble and a bag of chemi pure. After a day of filtering my water is super clear. So long bio balls

I took the bio balls out after a few months and added chaeto in the back with a nano light. It is growing like crazy, had to cut it twice already. Skimmer in Chamber 1. I have a bag of carbon that I run sometimes and filter floss of course.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom