Biocube hood Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelfish56

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had problems with the fan ever since I got it. I have replaced them many times and the still make that annoying loud buzzing sound. So all I use is the blue light and I prefer to use the white one. Please help

Are you replacing them with the stock fans? If so get some SilentX fans. They are a direct replacement in the coralife version, if you have the oceanic biocube I believe you will need to purchase longer screws.
I replaced my fans with the SilentX and they are almost completely silent. You can fine them on newegg.com or frys if you have one near you.

I found those fans to be horrible. In the beginning I just disconnected them. In all honestly they don't do a thing for heat issues TRUST ME, just crack the feeding door and the rear chamber door.

You can always go with a DIY LED upgrade and eliminate the fans all together.

Those fans are of poor design.

Are you saying the SilentX fans are of poor design or the stock fans?
The SilentX fans won't make your tank run any cooler than the stock fans but they will run a lot quieter.
The biocube 14 uses 50mm case fans, search on newegg.
The stock fans are 2 wire while most case fans will be 3 wire. You will have to cut the old adapter off the stock fans and splice it on to your new fans. You will need to utilize the power and ground wires from the new fans. The attached image should help you in determining which wires these are.
You can of course go the led route that convict suggests to help control heat as well and much improve the color and growing capabilities, but for a cheap fix for noisy fans try the SilentX.

Attachments

• image-1966810400.jpg
    image-1966810400.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 81
Back
Top Bottom