Biocube noies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it your power heads that is humming, pump or your skimmer pump?

Just got my Oceanic Bio Cube 29 up and running. No skimmer or power head yet but I don't hear a thing.

EDIT:

I stand corrected. I hear a very very faint hum after muting the TV, other then that I hear the calming sound of the water.

You might try sitting it a little different in the back chamber it sounds like maybe it is vibrating against something like the back wall. I am not for sure how the back chamber is set up but on my jbj I moved it just a little bit to the center to make it stop.

The only other thing I can think of is the little shaft inside of the pump is off balance for some reason.

Yeah I tried moving it around and I'm positive it's the pump it self and can you get replacement pumps

You can get a new one at your lfs. It will be that long thing down inside. There will be a long round magnet with a plastic propeller on top. All held together by a metal or ceramic shaft and rubber bushings. Some times the rubber ends can wear out or the shaft where the propeller is

It's a new tank so I don't think it it's warn maybe something is out of place how would get in the pump

Have you tried to wiggle the pipes? I have a old penguin 330 that needs a good jiggling from time to time. It always has little noise to it though.

Personally, I wouldn't get too excited about a little noise. It's liable to work itself out. Given a little time. But it's ur BioCube

If your unhappy with the pump, a replacement oceanic biocube is gonna run you 45-50 bucks. What I did before I ever added water was take my oceanic pump out and added a maxi jet 1200 to increase my flow. I have no problem with the sound of it. Just a suggestion

Ok I will give it time if it doesn't I will get a new one and would the maxi jet be better an not as loud

I actually love my maxi jet over the stock pump. I know alot of people go ahead and switch it out, it is less noisy and it produces more flow inwhich can help the heat issue as well.

Biocube hoods have a bad reputation of having noisy exhaust fans. Doesn't sound like that is your issue here but it may be soon. I have replaced my fans several times in the past year.

I actually love my maxi jet over the stock pump. I know alot of people go ahead and switch it out, it is less noisy and it produces more flow inwhich can help the heat issue as well.

x2 I have a 900 in my nano cube 12 & a 1200 in my 29G nano

Back
Top Bottom