BIOCUBE STATUS - Mushrooms and Duncan Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brauny

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Duncan Tree on a Pedestal Frag and it is towards the top of the reef toward the lighting and was doing great. Now it is completely retracted. Also noticed that some of my red mushrooms (smaller ones) that were growing are completely gone or well I don't see them. Do emerald crabs eat mushrooms? What could be wrong?

PH = 8.2ish Ammonia = 0ppm to .25ppm Nitrite = 0ppm Nitrate = 20-40ppm so close probably in between. Salinity = 1.023 to 1.024 Phosphates = .25

903621_4869764581759_1381423779_o.jpg

I heard emerald crabs aren't usually reef safe nitrates are high you could do a water change I think it looks great I love your zoos

Has anybody else heard the emerald crabs are a problem, I don't want them in there if Nitrates are high. Did a water change last Saturday, do one every 10 days.

Has anybody else heard the emerald crabs are a problem, I don't want them in there if Nitrates are high. Did a water change last Saturday, do one every 10 days.

I used to do the same thing like have a set date but you can't really do that it's when parameters are off you might have to do one today one tomorrow you might do one today and your parameters be fine for a week. Just go to one of the topics and search emerald crab to see other people's opinions on them.

My Nitrates are bit high, but not too much to worry about, I also just removed some dirty poly floss so that may help the numbers.

My Nitrates are bit high, but not too much to worry about, I also just removed some dirty poly floss so that may help the numbers.

Just watch the emerald or get a porcelain crab instead there cool and reef safe. And maybe move the coral your having a problem with I'm no expert just trying to help

Back
Top Bottom