Biopellet questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jawaits

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm setting up a bio pellet reactor on my 55 gal tank (90gal total water vol) I have a external protein skimmer rated to 125 gallons but I still have a very low bioload only a few small fish the bio pellet reactor is a two little fishes

My question is can I set the bio pellet reactor I between the pump and the protein skimmer so water gets pumped into the reactor then directly into the skimmer

I have mine after skimmer just make sure pellets are barely moving or u will release too many nutrients and have red slime. I diode and once I backed off a little it rent away

From what I've read, the optimal placement for these reactors is in the same section as the skimmer so that the skimmer can immediately pick that water up. I don't have a bio pellet reactor as of yet, so this is just from what I've read... Good luck!

I have my biopellet reactor in the same compartment as my skimmer with the output hose from the reactor as near to the intake of the skimmer as i can get it. :)

Supposed to maximize the pellets use by having it skim immediately after the reactor. :)

Hardridge said:
I have mine after skimmer just make sure pellets are barely moving or u will release too many nutrients and have red slime. I diode and once I backed off a little it rent away

It just sounded to ne like he ment they stay still. Sorry

so to reactor or not to reactor.
and is is true that if you use a reactor you don't need to do water changes?

Back
Top Bottom