Biospira good or bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The reviews are great would it be ok if I start with mabey just a coral or some clowns.

The reviews are great would it be ok if I start with mabey just a coral or some clowns.

In an uncycled tank? Any coral you put in there would be a waste of money (the fish too more likely than not). Why not just wait a few weeks and let it cycle naturally? Nothing good happens fast with a sw nano tank.

In an uncycled tank? Any coral you put in there would be a waste of money (the fish too more likely than not). Why not just wait a few weeks and let it cycle naturally? Nothing good happens fast with a sw nano tank.

I'm in agreement with Big red. If you want to try it how about dosing the bio spira and then adding ammonia to the tank? If it works it should help speed up the process. When I tried it however, it didn't actually do anything for my tank :(

I havene't used biospira in a few years but it didn't really do anything when I used it. Ithink that stuff is hit or miss.

Now, recently, a few months ago I gave the bacteria in a bottle stuff another try. I went with dr tims one and only. It didn't auto cycle my tank, but it did get it cycled in about 8 days if i remember correctly. I bought the pure ammonia he sells as well for the $2 and used that. Just follow the instructions and it should work. I went through all the stages of a cycle in a very short time, the nitrites coming down was the longest part I think, but instead of weeks it took days.

Your results may vary though. Its worth a try. If it doesn't work you will know it from the test results.

I havene't used biospira in a few years but it didn't really do anything when I used it. Ithink that stuff is hit or miss.

Now, recently, a few months ago I gave the bacteria in a bottle stuff another try. I went with dr tims one and only. It didn't auto cycle my tank, but it did get it cycled in about 8 days if i remember correctly. I bought the pure ammonia he sells as well for the $2 and used that. Just follow the instructions and it should work. I went through all the stages of a cycle in a very short time, the nitrites coming down was the longest part I think, but instead of weeks it took days.

Your results may vary though. Its worth a try. If it doesn't work you will know it from the test results.

+1 Dr. tim's is about the only one I'd trust.

I have cycled a tank using bio-Spira and it worked very well. However, to make sure, I would go the traditional route and take your time. It will teach you more about the hobby than you realize.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I ended up adding biospira and a piece of lr a long with a shrimp to cycle

Back
Top Bottom