Black algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjdave

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can anyone help me with this black stuff - it's on all my decor. It's black and fuzzy. Water is clear, fish are happy and no deaths or acting funny.

Tanks been up about 2 years now, it's a 29gl with fluorescent lights. It does get a little outside light and about 5 to 6 hours lights on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks David

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea looks like BBA...Maybe one of the experts will chime in too...I think we have all fought it...I am fighting it now...do some searching on here for BBA and good luck! oh, do you have live plants? Water conditions? If plastic plants take them and the ornaments out and scrub with hydrogen peroxide or use Excel on them .Manually clean as much of the BBA as you can from the tank . Spot treat the the BBA with Excel (glut) . A search will explain any of this you don't understand . Hope this is some help.

Quickest way to kill it off is to directly apply H2O2 directly to the effected surfaces. The under lying issue needs to be addressed though. Usually, BBA is caused by unstable Co2 conditions. It would be beneficial to purchase some flourish excel and dose it as recommended on the container. It would help plant growth and help to inhibit the algae.

Yep get yourself some flourish excel by seachem. I didn't even spot dose mine,I just doubled the recommended dosage for a week and it was gone.its worth a shot.i love the stuff!!

Siamese algae eater will take care of it.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom