Black Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guminik

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I suddenly have an algae outbreak in my tank. I have never had this before or seen anything like it. a few days after I clean the tank black algae starts to grow on the glass and within 2 weeks everything in the tank is completely covered in it including the sides of the aquarium. It pretty much peels off when I clean it. I originally thought it was caused because I had bought a new light for the tank that was LED bulbs instead of florescent bulb. But after cleaning the algae a few times I went and bout a new florescent light again and it is still happening. I have had fish all me life and have never seen anything like this.
Any suggestions? My next thing to try is to put the fish in a separate tank and after cleaning everything in the tank putting it in a bleach bath to see if the bleach will kill the algae. I've tried algae killer from the fish store and it did nothing.

Could it be cyanobacteria? That can be black. I've no experience personally worth it but came across it when researching a different problem with one of my tanks

Black Alae

Thank you I will look into that and see if it is my problem.

Back
Top Bottom