"Black bar" Endlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrismiller21

Aquarium Advice Regular
I purchased some Red Cherry Shrimp off eBay and with them came 2 females and 1 male Endler. I have had them about 4 months now and I have really come to appreciate them and really like them. Now, I have 40-50 fry in my tank. They are housed with 2 Juvi pineapple swords and a juvi molly or platy (i don't know what it is). They are growing out to put in my 75 gallon. Now, I figured the swords or molly/platy and the parents would take care of most of them. But no, everyday I look, I swear I see more lol. (the fry are very fast little buggers lol) Both females are dropping fry left and right. Is there a market for these and is it even worth keeping this many? These fry are going to over load the 10 gallon tank they are in. I ask this because I would have to invest in a bigger tank just for these Endler's. I am not sure if I really want to do that or not if I can't sell them to make some money back for a bigger tank purchase. Plus the fight I will have against my wife for adding yet another tank. If I can convince her these will generate cash to pay for the tank, I might have a case. I also have a Juvi peacock cichlid tank I am using to grow out males in. I am sure these would be tasty treats for them, but I also don't want to spike the aggression levels and throw that tank off balance. Suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom