Black Ghost Knife Info?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oohitsae

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone have any good articles or experiences with them??

I have dreamed of owning one since I saw one at petsmart a few months ago that was obsessed with a marimo moss ball. the little guy just had soo much personality I almost bought him on the spot.

All I can find on them is some very basic information, which would be that they can grow to around 20", usually need to be hand-fed, and need a 120+ gallon, well established tank....
Other than that, I really havent found much out there.

What are suitable tank-mates for them, species only? Do they do well with plants? do they need strong filtration? Whats their bioload like? How fast do they grow? Life expectancy? Etc...

Basically, if anyone finds any good information that goes in depth they could share with me would be amazing!!

I obviously wont be getting one anytime in the near future, need to save up for a large enough tank, but while I am waiting for that to happen, I'd really love to learn more about them!

ooooh those are pretty. i get hypnotized by the way they swim. sorry but i dont know anything about them. i used to have one but it disappeared over night.

They reach about 12 inches. They can be very old and eat any creature small enough to fit in it's mouth.

Back
Top Bottom