Black sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a planted tank? You should get Eco Complete "fine grade." It's almost like sand but better for the plants.

I like black diamond blasting sand. Took me 3 hours to wash 50 pounds, but it was well worth it. I bought medium grain.
It looks beautiful and was only 8 dollars?

For a planted tank? You should get Eco Complete "fine grade." It's almost like sand but better for the plants.

I'll second this, I'm switching my tank over to this on Saturday. Stuff looks just like sand!

If money is an issue then go with the black diamond blasting sand.

Otherwise I would go with the eco complete in a heart beat.

Depending on the batch of black diamond blasting sand you get it can be quite sharp. I've bought 2 different bags and got the same results from both of them. The black diamond sand I got was too sharp to keep loaches or cory cats but I'm still very happy with it.

Thank you! Where would they sell the Eco fine grade? Or is it better to get it online?

Thank you! Where would they sell the Eco fine grade? Or is it better to get it online?

You can check with your LFS.. if they don't have it, you can ask if they can order it (my LFS does this). Or just buy it from Amazon or Dr. Fosters and Smith.

You can check with your LFS.. if they don't have it, you can ask if they can order it (my LFS does this). Or just buy it from Amazon or Dr. Fosters and Smith.

Amazon direct doesn't have it, I tried. I have Prime membership and wanted it ASAP, but it wasn't available. If you buy from Amazon it just ships from Dr Foster and Smith anyway.

Back
Top Bottom