black skirt tetra color????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yvetted

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This question has nothing to do with what happened with the bubbles thing. Do black skirt tetra's lose color in the skirt, mine became silver like the fish a couple of weeks ago. They are very healthy looking though. They eat well and the skirt is perfect. Just wondering????

it can really go either way. i have 7 black skirts, 4 of them have a more silver color "skirt" where the other 3 have very black "skirts". i've also noticed all of them seem to fade a bit during the first light moments of the morning and especially during water changes. cool fish!

thank you for letting me know, I was not sure if it was something I was doing wrong, I am new to this. Thanks again!!!

mine is the same way, I was freaked out when my red tailed shark lost all of its color during a water change and went completely white, turns out thats what happens when they get really scared lol

Mine seem to only fade when they are stressed. As long as I keep things good in the tank the skirts stay very dark, the only time I notices they went light was after one of me females laid eggs...sadly the guys didn't do their part, with 8 of them I'm sure there is at lest 1 male in there. Anyways as long as you water parameters are good I would not worry about it. Remember they are still Tetras and thus very sensitive to water conditions.

Back
Top Bottom