Blackmoore damaged eye please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yahooandgoogle

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I noticed today when I got home from work my goldfish had damaged his eye. I noticed what looked like a piece of skin hanging off.

What can I do to help his eye heal? You can't see the skin hanging off just the cut.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407840079.593176.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How's he doing? I don't know of much more apart from keeping the water clean, removing whatever cut the eye and time.

Hi he's doing well thanks for asking.
Skin has closed now and is healing. Have been using aquarium salt.
I spoke to pet shop and they said if it didn't heal in a few days to start treating with melgafix. I have a bottle but haven't used any yet as the salt has been doing the job.

Not sure. I thought maybe on a decoration or the air filter but they weren't sharp?

Can I ask do you have gravel or large stones in there mine cut he eye on a large stone I had in the tank( stone got took out very quickly)

Hi I do have gravel, but the very fine gravel.

It could be your gravel no matter how fine it is they still find a way to cut them I took all mine out and swapped them for marbles( the old fashion cats eye type with no paint in), actually looks really cool and as they are round and smooth they don't cut, just a suggestion as it's horrible knowing somehow they have managed to cut them somehow

Sent from my fish phone

Oh ok. I actually hate the gravel it came with my tank I wish I never used it. That's a really good idea I might try that. I hate to think it was the gravel and he might do it again. His eye sight is not the best. Plus the gravel is horrible to keep clean :-(

Could you also use something like smooth stones? The ones you get at the pet shop? I thought about using them also. But like the idea of marbles.

You can providing they are extremely smooth, maybe put a layer of sand beneath them so that the gap from top to bottom isn't to deep as they may still rub eyes against them and cause damage

If the stones aren't very wide in there depth say over a cm high (hope that made sense) they you will be alright with no sand

Sent from my fish phone

Back
Top Bottom