Blenny vs. goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sonny bats

Aquarium Advice Regular
What would be the better choice for a bottom dweller, a Midas blenny or a yellow watchman goby? I kinda like the look of the Midas better.

Well its all up to you. Personally, i love the midas. They get semi big though..so if you have a smaller tank i'd do the watchman.

It's a 29 gallon...the Midas averages about 5" adult size correct?..would that be ok in a 29gal?

Sonny bats said:
It's a 29 gallon...the Midas averages about 5" adult size correct?..would that be ok in a 29gal?

I mean, yes..but they are really active and im not sure how a full grown midas would do in a 29. Its a toss up for me..your call!:)

They have a ton of personality though! Good luck!

My midas blennies i had weren't very bottom dweller like. They liked to swim mid tank and occassionally perched on a higher up rock in the tank. :)

The yellow watchman is very much a sand dweller though. It's mostly up to you. Both I think would be ok in your tank. ( Unless you have a lot of fish or big ones already)

No fish yet accept for a few hermits and snails..so if I decide to go with the Midas would I sill be able to get a good sand sifting fish?

How about the Midas and a goby of some type together? Would they both work well or would there be problems?

Back
Top Bottom