Bloated Black Ghost Knife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kangarooooooooo

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have had my black ghost knife for about 2 years and it has always had this bloated belly. i didn't realize it might be a sickness after i looked up pictures of other black ghost knife online. but it has always had it, what could it be? can it be treated? my bgk doesn't show any signs of weakness or sickness, it is very active and eats a lot. any suggestions as to what this big bump could be tat would be great!

Attachments

• 100_2826.jpg
    100_2826.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 265
It seems like this thread is a little slow lately. If your fish is swimming around fine and the water is scientifically stable, I would try cutting back on his food. If you don't feel comfortable with this call a vet that specializes in fish.

Chances are the reason no one has responded is because no one knows how to respond.

It could be a deformity. If he has had it for 2 years, shows no sign of weakness, is eating and swimming normally, it could very well be just a deformity he was born with.

I also think it is either a defomity or a tumor. If he is acting and eating normally and has been for 2 years I would not worry.

To cover all the bases... What size tank is he in, is he the only occupant? How often do you do water changes and how much each time? Do you know your water parameter?

i have a 60 gal
i have cardinal tertras
a few gouramis
and two clown loaches
and they all get along great

i do water changes once every two weeks of 20% of the water.

i don't know my water paramters but it's a 5 year old aquarium and i have most of my original fish so i don't think it's the water.. i also have live plants in there too..

Back
Top Bottom