Bloated Zebra Danio! (around 8 months)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kezwah

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey All,

First of all I am new to this so hello!

I am having issues with my Danios, they were the first in my tank (had it for maybe well over 2 years now) and they are the only ones that have all lasted since putting them in the tank. Anyway 1 is getting really fat and has been for around 8 months and so has another now, maybe only for a month. They are both totally happy, swimming eating, playing and had no issues, neither of them take over the tank or anything, can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.
K

If the fish has been like this for 8 months I would guess it's overfeeding rather than any disease or illness, fast the fish for a few days and go from there.

Welcome to AA.

Hmm ok, i'll try it. Thank you :) what about my other fish though? Will they be ok?

Hi
I too have one bloated danio (for over a year now) happily swimming among a couple of other danios and several very productive orange platys (started with six, now have 16!). I like the suggestion of fasting - wondering if others with bloated fish have tried this and what the results were......

Back
Top Bottom