Blood Fin Tetras are dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevenht

Aquarium Advice FINatic
These fish are extremely hardy so that's why I can't figure out why I've lost two in the a 12 hour span. My tank has a DG, 3 kuhli loaches, swordtail, and what was a 4 man crew of BF Tetras. It also has a lot of live plants. I lost one during a water change (think he was a jumper and took the plunge), then it's been months since that and I woke up to a dead one today, and then just noticed another floater 5 minutes ago.

I will run to the store tonight to test my water but if a Dwarf Gourami is still alive, then it's probably not my water. Also, I noticed the two biggest ones have died and I have a younger one as the only one left. Is old age out of the question? Or are we looking at a illness?.

I haven't tested water yet. I gotta run to the store and get a new kit.

They seemed normal. Swimming around chasing either and annoying my dwarf gourami.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Other is swimming around looking lost almost. I have a sailfin molly in there and he can be a little aggressive towards them. He will swim with them showing off his big fins

Swimming around fast. All along the glass, up and down frantically. I'm gonna get some harlequin rasboras tomorrow

Maybe that might calm them down?

Fish can get "fright" and it can cause others to "freak out"
Im not sure what the problem is with your tank.
Try a big PWC and adding some carbon
make sure the air pump is not vibrating on the tank or tank stand, or anything else that could scare them to death. make sure no household chemicals have been sprayed around the tank.

The pump is on my desk which is right next to the tank. And there hasn't been any chemicals. I did a water change the day before yesterday. I'm just baffled

Could be the pump. Vibrations can cause fish to get fright. Had it happen before. They will hide in the corner or dart around.

The pump isn't on my desk and the tank is on a stand next to it. They're in two separate places

Back
Top Bottom