Blood red parrot cichlid min tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

palmtree7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What's the minimum tank size for a blood red parrot cichlid and what are good tank mates for them

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've been wondering about this also and read that they need at least 40/55 gallons when fully grown

Ideally I would say a 55 . 48"x13 footprint.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

40 min

40 gallon
1x leopard ctenopoma
1x albino bichir
1x tiger pleco
With live plants in the tank

75 gallon native tank
5 pumpkin seed sunfish
1 red crayfish
1 spotted bass

I've heard a single requires a 55 gallon and for a pair I would say 75g or higher. Just because I have seen some get pretty big that my local mom and pop shop had that people couldn't care for

I've seen one in a store front tank, had to be 10" long and equally as rotund.. I'd say no no less than 55 gallons

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i just sold 2 huge blood parrots. you need at least a 55 gallon tank. If you get the king kong parrots 75 or higher. Make sure you have good filtration they produce a lot of waste. In my tank I had just the parrots and a 6'' rainbow shark, they all got along fine

The problem here is they are mixed with so many different fish now that you have no idea what you are getting. even though they are a hybrid they can get huge and mean depending what they were crossed with.
If you want a red roundish cichlid and have a big enough tank why not get a red spot or super red severum instead of a deformed unknown fish.
All just my opinion.

I have a 45 gallon tank, any one know any tips of incouraging parrot fish to at least make a go of breeding?

I have a 45 gallon tank, any one know any tips of incouraging parrot fish to at least make a go of breeding?

Most males are sterile.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah tbf I new that but something tells me that my parrots have abit more cichlid/Severum, any suggestions, I can put another pic up now

This is a 45 gal?? That stock is pretty outrageous my friend..

What you meaning there pal?

I see 2 parrots, 2 Bala sharks and a clown loach, all those will grow to 10+ inches. That pic alone should be of a 300gal. Tank. What else is in there?

While they are reasonable size I thought it would be a good time learn an observe on a fee

Stock list? You want to learn? School is in session;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom