Blood worm feeding video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donttaptheglass

Aquarium Advice Freak
As I said I might . . . here is a fun little video clip of my fish gettin' some blood worms . . .

Of course its not nearly as exciting as usual because my fish don't seem to perform on camera . . .

Feeding Time!
17MB

Very nice! Those bala's look awsome! Is that the normal way to feed bloodworms? I normally defrost and add them seperately, i think i'll try your way from now! Try and get my loaches up to the surface! Great job.

Now that was a good video...I especially liked the loach twisting to get some goodies. I do have a comment about your pictus...those are some really long whiskers on him. :D

I had a catfish once... I've bought some live bloodworms to feed my fish.... I couldnt belive my eyes when I saw how fast can this guy eat and swim when these worms are around... It was a MADHOUSE!!!

Thanks all for all the comments. To be honest, I have no idea if thats the "normal" way to feed Blood Worms, as I looked here on AA first and found that nobody really had a "normal" way . . .some defrosted them in tank water first, some didn't, so I just went with it and chucked 'em in there. It worked, so I guess don't fix it if it aint broke. As you can see in the video . . . 4 minutes long and they made a memory out of both cubes except for one little chunk they lost in one of the plants and I can assure you, that didn't stay lost long, so defrosting just kinda seemed like a waste of time to me.

Oh yeah, JChillin, I think those whiskers are only just shy of being longer than he is!

Thanks again!

I got Pinnacle Studio the other day for making videos . . . maybe if I can figure out how to use it, the videos will get better . . . lol

Nice job. Those are some great looking fish. As for the bloodworms. I find that if I float the cube, it's more fun for me to watch and it seems like there is less waste since the thawed out worms aren't floating everywhere if the fish can't get to them fast enough.

Quick question donttaptheglass, how do you post a video on here like that? I wouldn't mind posting the odd one or two myself. Is it a link to another page where you have the video saved?

Well elliot, I have the advantage of having my own website, so I have my own server I can host it from. Thats the best way to do it without having the limitations of filesize and any of that other junk.

If you don't have your own website and would like to put up a couple of videos that you have, send me a PM and I'll give you an address where you can send the files to me and I'll put them up on my site for you and then give you the link so you can post them. Only thing I ask is that you try to keep the file sizes below 30MB or so, but for a fellow AA member, I certainly don't mind doing it at all.

Cheers donttaptheglass! Thats really cool! I havnt got a decent video at the moment, but i will send you a pm when i do! It probably wont be anywhere near 30mb.

Hey, that was awesome! I loved watching your bala's circle around their food! Nice tank!

Yeah, they're a riot . . . I tripped 'em up a little bit tonight . . . I dropped one at one end of the tank and they all attacked it, and I dropped another one at the other end and there was one Bala sitting down there that thought he won the lottery . . . lol

Thanks . . .one of my favorite movies ever . . . but I'm a hair band junkie from the 80's anyway, and the band they put together for that movie was incredible . . .shame they never did anything past that movie.

Back
Top Bottom