Bloodworm Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigge_al

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been having a few fish die and I believe that my blood worms may the issue. So here is my story that leads me to believe that blood worms my be the issue.
I have lost all my mollies to flashing and killing themselves on decorations.

About 4 days ago I feed my fish some frozen blood worms and a short time afterwords I had one of my Platies started acting funny by flashing and running into decorations to the point he was pretty much dead. I thought there was some disease or something in the fish so I started treatment of the tank with an all-in-one treatment and the platy got better to the point he was looking great and has been looking great for the last few days.
Last night I gave some frozen blood worms to my fish and within about 30-40 mins. after the platy went crazy and this morning he was hiding and not swimming well tonight I arrived home and he was dead.

My question is this: could it be the frozen blood worms or am I just putting blame on something that could not be. Also the whole package of blood worms completely dethawed and I refroze them and have been breaking off pieces and thawing them.

I would advise against using them if they've defrosted and been re-frozen. I would think it's the same principle as meat fit for human consumption, you wouldn't defrost rump steak then re-freeze and eat it later.

Back
Top Bottom