Blue ahli is looking very rough, advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakepen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
When I first took this guy in, he looked beautiful. My nyassae really bullied him, he looks so bad now, and doesn't eat. I took the nyassae out, and no one is bullying in the tank as of now. Any advice would be appreciated.

image-2559479023.jpg

image-3366330569.jpg

image-3047062297.jpg

Also just to see how alert he is, I put the net in, and was able to grab him no problem. Last time I was able to do that with my zebra obliquiden, he died. So is that the same thing here?

that's an absolute shame :( I would have said separate the fish into a nursing tank and give him plenty of water changes and let him recover with some medication, but maybe try it next time!
has the bully calmed down?

that's an absolute shame :( I would have said separate the fish into a nursing tank and give him plenty of water changes and let him recover with some medication, but maybe try it next time!
has the bully calmed down?

Ya the ahli passed, I think he may have had internal parasites too though. I re homed the nyassae, the tank has completely changed now. Love it, it's so much more calm, the fish swim without worries. My German red is the new leader, but he is a very calm boss. Doesn't bully at all. And I got a new ahli, he is around 2 inches, showing beautiful color, bright vibrant blue in the face, and yellow fins, I'll post some pictures.

That's brilliant :D though if it's got such lovely colour, it might be a male that could end up challenging the boss and causing a stir... good luck there! keep an eye on the rest of the fish in case it was parasites, if you see any syptoms you will wanna medicate asap!

yes please to the pictures :)

That's brilliant :D though if it's got such lovely colour, it might be a male that could end up challenging the boss and causing a stir... good luck there! keep an eye on the rest of the fish in case it was parasites, if you see any syptoms you will wanna medicate asap!

yes please to the pictures :)

Ya he is a male, (going for an all male tank) saw him bossing the tank around at my lfs. And I already treated the tank for internal parasites after the big ahli died.

Back
Top Bottom