Blue and balloon ram issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rimshotnhavoc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am having issues with my ram tank, all but one of the fish have died, I brought one back to store before it died and employee said it looked like a fungus, they quarantined the fish and tried to save it, I have no clue the out come. About a week or so later another died and then today the 3rd died, I check the tank regularly and everything is at a good range I believe, the Nitrate levels are a bit high but I do regular water changes to keep it at a safe level. There is one balloon ram left. All the fish have seemed fine then suddenly get "drunk" and die shortly after.

They tank does get a lot of algae growth since it is in a well lit area. Any advice? I know that 4 in a 10 gal is a lot but once they got a little bigger I was planning on upgrading. either way there is only 1 now and I would like to keep him alive, and if i can't I want to know why I am having trouble with this tank. I have another tank that I have no issues with at all and am getting ready to move that fish to a larger tank since it is doing so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Btw I am in the process of finding a 30 gal I am so over this stupid 10 I have had nothing but problems with this one my 10 at home runs great granted it had a wild caught fish in it that is very hearty

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom