Blue crayfish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maddybrat said:
Well my plan is to possibly re-home the convicts, get the crayfish and I wanted to know if I could put tiger barbs in with the crayfish?

You could definitely have tiger bards with a blue crayfish, and some other fish in a 29g

Hi, i was reading this thread as i am also wanting to get a blue crayfish in the near future, but i was wondering would a Blue Crayfish eat my fish. I have a 210l (40ukgallon) that contains:
2 Mollies
2 Clown loaches
4 neon blue gouramis-stay at surface most of the time
1 Bristlenose Pleco
1 Rainbow shark
And i wanted to hear your views on whether my fish would be safe or not.
Thanks in advance :)

maddybrat said:
Would I have to pay shipping I asked them to order it?

That depends really, if they order a few and have people lined up or know they can sell em then they may do it for free.

They could also hike the price up on you to justify the shipping costs too.

You would have to ask em yourself to find out :)

i wouldnt put any fish you didnt mind becoming lunch with a blue cray. the only 3 fish that were with my cray and are still swimming are my shark,a swordtail,and my cae,and the shark and swordtail were removed. there are dif species of blue crays,some can get really big,like 12 inches(procambarus alleni aka australian redclaw) and others are just color morphs that stay smaller. be warned,they are escape artists. cover EVERY hole in the tank

I assume that when I'm cleaning the tank they will do what my north American cray does and stay very far away and NOT attack my hand.. Correct?

your lps will prob order you 1 if u ask because shipping for live fish is like 30 dollars
It shouldn't be, unless you are getting something delicate that would require overnight shipping. I routinely ship for under $15, sometimes even under $10. Crays are tough and ship well. There's no reason IMO to do express shipping for a cray as long as it is packaged well and the distance between the seller and buyer isn't too great to risk Priority shipping. Occasionally this happens but it is rare.

Would I have to pay shipping I asked them to order it?
More than likely, no. They should be able to just get one for you with their regular shipment, so it's really no added cost to them as far as shipping. Most LFS's will not charge you for this, but of course it is best to check beforehand. Some might ask you to put down a deposit on something that you order, and you would pay the rest of the balance when the animal arrives at the shop and you go to pick it up.

A good rule of thumb IMO is to NEVER bring home a new arrival on the day of arrival. Most of the casualties will occur shortly after shipping.

I assume that when I'm cleaning the tank they will do what my north American cray does and stay very far away and NOT attack my hand.. Correct?
i would assume so,mine was always afraid of my hand,even when she got as big as it

Back
Top Bottom