Blue Crayfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My petco near the east side has a constant supply of blue crayfish. I have an open 10 gallon with a sponge filter and medium size gravel for it, I guess the downside of getting a crayfish for it is that I couldn't have a place to breed/keep fry. Thoughts?

Hello,
I wouldn't put a Blue Crayfish/Electric Blue Crayfish in a 10 gallon. It is too big for such a tank, reaching up to 8'', usually 7''. Some have been known to get to 4''-5'', still is a bit small. The bare minimum I personally would recommend is 20 for himself and maybe some top fish. I also would watch out putting any crayfish with other fish as they do tend to cut them with their claws.

Hello,
I wouldn't put a Blue Crayfish/Electric Blue Crayfish in a 10 gallon. It is too big for such a tank, reaching up to 8'', usually 7''. Some have been known to get to 4''-5'', still is a bit small. The bare minimum I personally would recommend is 20 for himself and maybe some top fish. I also would watch out putting any crayfish with other fish as they do tend to cut them with their claws.

Any crayfish I COULD get? or something cool

Just need something to keep the bacteria alive in the tank since nothing is in it right now

Posted on your breeding idea thread about marbled crayfish. They stay pretty small and I have mine in a 5 gallon and she is pretty happy, and has berried for me twice now. I setting up a Rubbermaid tub for the babies probably tomorrow to grow them out, but if you wanted to sell babies as feeders for people with large fish you wouldn't really need a grow out tank for them. If you're interested, send me a pm and maybe I can send you some. I have plenty right now.

Might. Ask them if not ask them when they can get it, and if they say they won't, ordering online is you're best option. You can also check for crayfish breeders.

Yup - I got my breeding pair of CPO's from DMV aquatics (I think he is on aquabid). He also sells marbled crayfish.

Alright sweet and I couldn't find a place that directly told me how big they get can someone tel me pls

Back
Top Bottom