Blue Gourami is Kinked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a blue gouromi for about 5 1/2-6 months now. All is well with him -he eats fine, isn't aggressive towards the other fish in my tank, etc.

When I brought him home, I noticed that he has a kink in one of his "feelers" (is there a real name for those :?: ). Is this something that is common? Should I be worried? Is there anything I can do for him? I mean, he doesn't seem to be in any pain, he uses it all the time...

hi,the long feelers on the gouramis are fin extensions, gouramis have extensions to their pectoral fin [the little tiny one under the 'chin']they are very sensative and they use them to touch and feel .i also have one with a bent feeler, i think its caused by injury etc. if it gets broken off it sometimes grows back bent or kinked ,doesnt hurt the fish tho.i have a male and female pearl gourami and they use their feelers to reach out to each other. :fadein: :) jackie

My gourami has a bent feeler too. When I brought him home, he was missing one, and it grew in quite fast! He doesn't seem bothered by it, he swings them both around all over the place.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom