Blue hermit Attacked Yellow Tang!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickkyBobby

Aquarium Advice Activist
My yellow tang was doing ok.. Got him about 2 weeks ago..Tonight my girlfriend said he was laying on the sand bed.. i looked in the tank and a blue hermit crab had the tang by the nose in the sand.. I got the tang away from the hermit crab and he took off.. his nose seems a bit beat up and he doesnt seem to be nipping at the live rock anymore:eek:

I put some Nori on a clip like i usually do and he is going up to it to eat it but he seems to be in a bit of pain...

What should i do.. Just leave him alone and see what happens? Hope he keeps eating?

Did you QT your tang?? A little blue hermit isn't going to "get ahold" of a tang unless there was something wrong with it to begin with, and it was laying on the sand bed.

i have a 10 gallon quarantine tank setup in the other room.. i will quarantine him tonight. just have to transfer water to tank...I have aquaclear filter media in my sump to transfer to quarantine tank ..

Back
Top Bottom