Blue Spotted Jawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheyCallMeButch

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just noticed my Jawfish being dis colored on a majority of his tail and him seeming to be breathing slightly harder. He's still moving around, just a bit slower than he usually is. He is a new addition to the tank as of Thursday but I had seen him at the store for several weeks doing just fine with no issues. I noticed him hiding all of yesterday and then today he came out looking like this. Any ideas on what could be causing this and what I can try to do to fix this?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like an injury. Have you seen any aggression? More likely IMO though...have you seen your rock move at all, even the slightest? When these guys dig they can easily displace an aquascape and do this.

I haven't seen the rock move but I did notice him digging at a different section of the rock which could potentially make it move.

Update: he is well away from his hiding place breathing heavily and laying still.

He ended up passing away already. By the would on his back left side id say you're right but I'd like to make sure this wasn't any parasite or disease that anyone knows about. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435609650.482057.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435609663.566605.jpg

Looks like a bad scrape to me but I'm not very good at identifying these type of things. I'm sorry that it died though. Always hate to see these things happen

It isn't crushed, but tat was obvious when you got to see him again.
It could have come from moving rock or being frightened into a spot too tight.

Back
Top Bottom