Blue water after adding conditioning salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

analioness

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it normal that my conditioning salt turns my water blue? Is that safe for the fish?

I was told to add 2 tsp to each bucket that I refill when doing a water change.

What do you mean by conditioning salt? Aquarium salt or conditioner/dechlorinator? What are you using? I've never heard of anything like that turning water blue but let us know what you're using. Typically salt isn't needed in a freshwater tank unless you're treating for an illness.

librarygirl said:
What do you mean by conditioning salt? Aquarium salt or conditioner/dechlorinator? What are you using? I've never heard of anything like that turning water blue but let us know what you're using. Typically salt isn't needed in a freshwater tank unless you're treating for an illness.

---
It's a conditioner in a salt form.
Rudducks aqua serene. Water conditioner. That's what's on the packet. It's blue.

Hm, I Googled it, but I've never heard of the product. Is it for freshwater or marine/saltwater? Personally I'd err on the side of caution and get some Seachem Prime instead.

I'm from Australia, so maybe it's common here?

I bought it from a fairly decent aquarium only shop so I assume they know if its recommended or not.

Back
Top Bottom