BN maturity, how long?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
The picture is a male, obviously, and he is right at 5 inches now. He has grown 1/2 inch since I got him. I do have a female but she is only 3 inches long. She also has grown 1/2 inch since I got them. I would have included a picture of the female but she is always running from the male. I think they have grown 1/2 inch in about 6 weeks.

My question is how long will it take for her to reach spawning maturity? The tank has caves, driftwood, and plants so lots of places to hide and they seem very comfortable. Also, is it normal fer him to chase her off until they are ready to spawn?

Hi there,

your female is at spawning size, but it does not meen she is ready to yet. you must give her somewhere to lay her eggs ideally a flower pot or a little cave, but it has to be big enough for the male to get in and fertilize the eggs.

good luck

There are two large "caves" in the tank for the eggs. The male easily fits into them and has claimed the football cave as his own. I guess i just don't have enough patience for them, will be a bigger surprise when it happens I guess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom