BN pleco establishing territory?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxima423

Aquarium Advice Addict
is it normal for a BN pleco that is about 1inch or so, maybe a little bigger but not bigger than 2 inches to already establish his/her territory he has only been in the tank for 2-3hrs and he is already driving the corys out of "his/her" DW... is this normal

Yes and No, pecking orders need to be established and it seems he is flexing what muscle he has pretty hard. I see my corydoras dart out of the DW chunks all the time when one of my dwarf plecos are on the move but the cories are skittish anyways by nature.

BNP's require that DW as part of its diet as well as housing and while the pleco isnt really driving them out persay it appears that way due to the corydoras reactions.
IMO corydoras are prime candidates for a fish show along the lines of retarded shows like jersey shore and the like.

Yes and No, pecking orders need to be established and it seems he is flexing what muscle he has pretty hard. I see my corydoras dart out of the DW chunks all the time when one of my dwarf plecos are on the move but the cories are skittish anyways by nature.

BNP's require that DW as part of its diet as well as housing and while the pleco isnt really driving them out persay it appears that way due to the corydoras reactions.
IMO corydoras are prime candidates for a fish show along the lines of retarded shows like jersey shore and the like.

lol i see what you are saying =] that makes sense to me tyty

Well when they are smaller you cant tell them apart for the most part, takes some special skill that I dont possess, I just buy them by the dozens. once older the females get all BIG and the males stay noticeable smaller then the girls.
Its usually 1 female to a number of males, in my case about 5. She pops out this egg sack then shoots around the tanks, males smell it and give chase. I dispise this act of mating as they ALWAYS get freaky after I clean the tank.

Back
Top Bottom