BN pleco ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman888888

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wondering if this lil guy is a green dragon

Can anyone confirm this?

Attachments

• CAM00686.jpg
    CAM00686.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 91
  • CAM00689.jpg
    CAM00689.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 101
Its a little hard to tell from the pics but it appeArs so...green dragons colors change at times you will see a paler greenish yellow mix in with the olive!

Thank you very much. I hadnt seen any with the tail colouration, but after lots of google browsing i found a few. He does have paler patches of green as well :) which sounds like a good sign. My camera just sucks..

The pleco was yellow when i picked it up from some ladies house. Looking wayyy better now

From the amount of white showing on the tail fin it's still a young one. Is that a small cichlid stone in the pics?

Thanks ... he is a juvi (forgot to mention that)
And yes, that is a cichlid stone about the size of my hand, i also have 8 pleco caves and 6 pieces of driftwood. (That stone was just to add a little variety... theyre not very fond of it, it seems lol

I've only found cichlids actually using cichlid stones a few times (aside from ducking in when the tank is being stripped down for cleaning) but young male BN find the small stones quite acceptable. Yours would be a medium size.

Back
Top Bottom