Body Modification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have two holes in each earlobe, one in the cartilage of my left ear, a retired piercing that is way to risqué to describe on a family friendly site, and the kanji for the word "seme" on the back of my right thigh. Which is a little risqué if you know Japanese slang. I want more tattoos and piercings, but I'm broke.

I'm loving everyone's ink!

I'm curious, I always here people say "I'd LOve another tattoo but I don't have the money".

How expensive are they? Seems very expensive

Yup, a decent artist will start around $150 an hour out here... Some even have hour minimums, like 150 an hour with a 4 hour minimum. Helps if your friends are tattoo artists though... ;)

severum mama said:
All your art is nice, but that chest piece really is beautifully done. I take it that's the artist that is doing your cichlid sleeve?

Thank you! Yes, it will be the same artist :) his lines are super clean, he has been in a couple magazines. He is super expensive but it's totally worth it :D

My chest piece is a cover up even, there used to be a panda! Tons of black, he magically covered it up lol, idk how he did it!!!

Last edited:
Thank you! Yes, it will be the same artist :) his lines are super clean, he has been in a couple magazines. He is super expensive but it's totally worth it :D

My chest piece is a cover up even, there used to be a panda! Tons of black, he magically covered it up lol, idk how he did it!!!

That guy worked some magic for sure. I would never have guessed that it was a cover up if you hadn't said as much. I would love to get that kind of quality ink. I want a half sleeve. (y)

George9 said:
I'm curious, I always here people say "I'd LOve another tattoo but I don't have the money".

How expensive are they? Seems very expensive

Mine is just maybe two square inches of writing in thin Japanese characters, took about 15-20 minutes, and cost $40. A friend of mine who got a similar piece, just a different word, was charged $60 at the same shop, just by a different artist. They are kind of our tribute to our time together as roommates in high school. Another friend of ours did the writing itself.

Sorry it took me a while to post pics!
The first one is the rook and conch, the rook is the little curved barbell and the conch is the hoop. The second pic is the snug. I'm having some issues with hypertrophic scarring on this one. The third was my industrial right after I got it done. I took out after a year because of hypertrophic scarring I developed.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121021_153636.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121021_153636.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 19
  • ForumRunner_20121021_153655.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121021_153655.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 23
  • ForumRunner_20121021_153706.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121021_153706.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 20
  • ForumRunner_20121021_153901.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121021_153901.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 20
absolutangel04 said:
Thanks for the pics. I guess I like rooks and I never knew it... Lol.

Man that one was the only one that REALLY hurt lol I'll never forget it. The pain was more intense than even my tattoos. But its also one of my favorite piercings :)

So it was scarring that forced you to take a couple of them out? I've got two in the cartilage (done with a needle at a tattoo shop, not the gun at the mall, lol) and I never had any trouble at all with scarring. The 4 holes in my lobes were done with the gun at the mall. :p

severum mama said:
I've got two in the cartilage (done with a needle at a tattoo shop, not the gun at the mall, lol)

That is the proper way to get the cartilage pierced. Getting the cartilage pierced with a gun will end up shattering the cartilage in the ear which will eventually build up around the hole creating a lump even scarring and eventually cut off circulation to the top of the ear. The best way is with a hollow needle (like the way you had it done Severum) and remove the cartilage to prevent any scarring.

severum mama said:
So it was scarring that forced you to take a couple of them out? I've got two in the cartilage (done with a needle at a tattoo shop, not the gun at the mall, lol) and I never had any trouble at all with scarring. The 4 holes in my lobes were done with the gun at the mall. :p

Yeah, I had them all done at tattoo shops with needles and I took good care of them so I'm not really sure why they scarred so bad :( I guess my body just didn't like the pressure from the jewelry cuz as soon as I took them the scarring went wayyyy down and eventually disappeared.

That is the proper way to get the cartilage pierced.

Yep, that's what I heard from the get go so that's what I did. Glad I at least had the sense to research it when I was 18 and no longer needed parental permission.

Yeah, I had them all done at tattoo shops with needles and I took good care of them so I'm not really sure why they scarred so bad :( I guess my body just didn't like the pressure from the jewelry cuz as soon as I took them the scarring went wayyyy down and eventually disappeared.

Weird, I took good care of mine too (one got a mild infection but quickly cleared up) and no real issues. Sucks that you had to go through the pain and healing process only to have to take it out later. I've had the first one for 13 years and the second one for 10 or so.

Your others look awesome, but painful! I kept it simple. LOL

severum mama said:
Yep, that's what I heard from the get go so that's what I did. Glad I at least had the sense to research it when I was 18 and no longer needed parental permission.

Weird, I took good care of mine too (one got a mild infection but quickly cleared up) and no real issues. Sucks that you had to go through the pain and healing process only to have to take it out later. I've had the first one for 13 years and the second one for 10 or so.

Your others look awesome, but painful! I kept it simple. LOL

Thanks! Yeah I think its just the way my body responded to the pressure. It does suck cuz I really liked my industrial and my tragus (both of which I had to remove). I have little bumps on the entry and exit holes of my snug that I've had done for a little over a month so I'm hoping they go away and I can actually keep that one. It only seems to happen on my right ear, oddly enough. I haven't really had issues with any of my non ear piercings, with the exception of my belly rings. My body just wasn't having it, rejected both piercings.

Here it is just need the white put in with touch ups in a couple weeks

ForumRunner_20130219_210228.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130219_210052.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130219_210052.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom