Bolivian Ram Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kim Kipper

Aquarium Advice Regular
Got two Bolivian Rams yesterday. LFS thought could not quite tell if they are male and female as still juvenile but probably are.

They seem quite happy so far although they are after the Pleco's cave (even though there at least two others) and I've already seen the Pleco whack one really hard.

My questions though is this:

I have a range of foods flake, pellets, granules, bloodworm, algae wafers etc etc. but none of it is designed for Cichlids.

Only occurred to me this morning that perhaps I should purchase some Cichlid food for the Rams ?

What's different about Cichlid food ?

Does it contain stuff that the Rams won't get form general tropical FW food ?

Will it give the other fish any problems - since they are bound to eat it ?

The foods you listed are fine for cichlids. The foods advertised as "Cichlid" foods are basically the same ingredients but with added "color enhancers". I use "slow sinking" cichlid crumbles along with all of the foods you listed.

The only harm it can cause other fish is dissappointment when they aren't quick enough to get any. :)

I feed New Life Spectrum Cichlid Formula, among other things, to the fish in my African tank that includes kribs, Congo tetras and upside down catfish. The Congo tetras go crazy for the food and frequently get to it before the kribs do. I've seen no ill side effects other than delusions of grandeur on their part :lol:

Other foods my cichlids like include Hikari freeze dried foods and frozen foods such as bloodworms or brine shrimp. I feed the latter three times a week.

Back
Top Bottom