Bolivian Rams and ph levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Totter760

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey fellow fish friends! I have a question we had two electric blue ballon rams just recently kick the bucket in our tank:(
All our level look good. My question is I have three Bolivian rams in my tank also. Do u think the ph could be to high for them? And if so how do I lower it?

Attachments

• image-349995381.jpg
    image-349995381.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 65
  • image-4108210288.jpg
    image-4108210288.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 93
I'm sorry for your loss. Beautiful blues you had. If I am reading you pH correctly it is at 7.8. I am keeping my Bolivian rams at 8.2 quite happily...apart from the odd bit of arguing. Are these new to the aquarium and if so how did you acclimatise them? If they have been in there a while I would suggest leaving the pH levels alone as messing with them could cause more trouble than good.

Yes i was thinking around 7.8 The bol. Rams are a new addition. I did nothing special in acclamating them to our tank. I did the same thing with the blues. I had them for about a month. And I never noticed any bulling. I have heard other people say that the blue rams are a hard breed to keep alive. I hope my Bolivian surivive they are so cute!

Back
Top Bottom