Bolivian Rams in Groups?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hojo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, it's my first post here, and I've got a question for you; are Bolivian Rams best kept in pairs of two or could I possibly keep three or more together? I've got a 29G tank with 8 Bloodfin Tetras, 5 Von Rio Tetras, 4 Julii Cory, and my 2 Bolivian Rams. Is a third or fourth Ram possible? Also, does anyone know of any good top-level Amazon species? Feel free to visit my profile and give me advice on decoration and aquascaping! Thanks, happy new year!

I have 2 male GBRs and 1 female. The two males chase eachother but no one is ever hurt, but I recommend maybe getting a ratio of 1 male to 2 females ? Or you could just do 1 male and the rest all females.

Awesome, thank you. It's hard not to fall in love with these fish, they're just perfect! I'll probably sleep on it for a few nights and then go grab another female Bolivian. Thanks for the advice

I had 3 in a 55g buy the two bullied and ended up killing the other one. Now the two get along great.

Back
Top Bottom