Bolvian Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zonatedsumo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I have just noticed one of my Bolivian rams scrapping againt the sand substrate. This isn't a regular thing but from time to time he will do it. I have checked him and there doesn't seem to be any sign of white spot. Has anyone else experienced this with a bolvian ram before.

Hi I have just noticed one of my Bolivian rams scrapping againt the sand substrate. This isn't a regular thing but from time to time he will do it. I have checked him and there doesn't seem to be any sign of white spot. Has anyone else experienced this with a bolvian ram before.

Does it appear to be rubbing against the sand? If so, then your water parameters may be off. Do you know them by chance? I would do a larger water change until we can help you out. I have 2 bolivians and have never seen them do this.

I know some fish do this from time to time. We would need more info incase this is something more serious.

i have blue rams that would occasionally do that. nothing to worry about in my opinion. i would just watch and wait. unless you can identify what's wrong (probably nothing) NEVER treat the tank with any chemicals. i would check all water paramters with liquid tests.post results please. also it never hurts to do a water change. how often and how much water do you change out every week? fresh water is a great healer. what size is your tank and how long has it been cycled? all these answers will give some insight on how to proceed.

Back
Top Bottom